Boise, Idaho, July 21, 2009 – Cougar Mountain Software’s (CMS) custom modifications department, initially created to respond to the changing needs of their customers and their growing businesses, brings a new level of experience and value to Cougar Mountain Software.
For over a year, the custom modifications department has not only been focusing on the customization task on hand, but at the same time maturing their processes and system in order to provide a quality customized product. This, combined with a realignment of several CMS staff members, has created a modification super team.
This super team has over 70 years of experience in programming software, technical support, and modifications, half of which has been spent directly working on the CMS products led by Brian Jennings.
- Brian Jennings, Director of Product Management, has spent over 11 years focusing on the details of a product’s features through the development of documentations, user’s guides and product manager;
- Angel Smith, CSD Program Manager, is the technical expert based on her 5+ years working as a CDS / POS Programmer;
- Charley Blackbird, CSD Programmer, has over 30 years experience as an engineer, 1/3 of which has been spent in the direct development of the CMS Professional product line up;
- Robert Geier, CSD Programmer/Analyst, has over 15 years of engineering experience;
- Lorian Gans, CMS Product Manager, has over 11 years experience in technical writing and support, as well as systems trainer and an automation analyst.
Brian Jennings said “We have a product modification system that is priced below market value combined with a very highly experienced team. This brings the best product to our customers at a more affordable price than found at other software companies.”
Right now all modifications done to date are concentrated on their flagship product, CMS Professional such as:
- Paperless posting.
- The ability to update information on a stock item stored in multiple locations with one click.
- Expanding the feature of multi-pack pricing and codes into the order entry module.
In looking towards the future, Brian Jennings and the custom modifications department look to expand the types of modifications done to involve other Cougar product lines, including many add-on features and Cougar Mountain’s next generation of Retail/POS and accounting software, Denali.