June 22, 2005 BOISE, IDAHO – Organizations seeking powerful accounting software that will grow with their company will soon find an answer from Cougar Mountain Software. Cougar Mountain today announced the launch of DENALI by Cougar Mountain™, a powerful new family of accounting products based on the latest 32-bit .NET and SQL technology from Microsoft ®. DENALI by Cougar Mountain was designed to accommodate an organization’s growth of users, locations and data volumes at an affordable price.
Cougar Mountain Software currently publishes accounting, point of sale and fund accounting software. The first DENALI family products will begin shipping in late July 2005.
According to Jim Stone, Chief Operating Officer of the software publishing company, “This new family of products provides the features of the high-end accounting programs at a very reasonable price. Our intention is to provide information that allows organizations to make knowledgeable, actionable decisions. The product allows organizations to tailor functionality while following generally accepted accounting practices.”
DENALI Point of Sale is unique in being truly integrated with back office accounting. The product’s integration to DENALI Inventory means retailers have instant access to up-to-date inventory information – both at the POS register and at the order entry station in the back office. DENALI can be deployed in a multi-location environment and scaled to a large number of users. Such scalability means the products will meet the requirements of growing businesses for many years. DENALI provides virtually unlimited transaction volumes, plus the excellent multilevel security that is a hallmark of Cougar Mountain products.
DENALI will ship with Crystal Reports® XI, the latest version of the award-winning reporting software from Business Objects. (Effective February 2007, Crystal Reports is now an add-on product available with DENALI.)
Some additional features of DENALI Point of Sale
- Accepts multiple currencies
- Accepts different tenders (e.g., checks, credit/debit cards, cash) in one transaction (even multiple credit cards per transaction!)
- Image viewer allows a preview of the product right at the register (or order entry station)
- Strong, useful security: You decide which functions and modules employees can access. Plus the compliance with generally accepted accounting principles that is basic to all Cougar Mountain Software products
- Committed fields let you know what’s available and what’s committed (sold) instantly
- Global price changing in Inventory by stock number, product range, code and type, location and vendor
- Allows serialized inventory
- Automated import of updated vendor pricing information saves time and increases accuracy
- Define fields to filter and sort data for reporting and make informed business decisions
- Promotional pricing (and with separately available Specialty Shop: buydown/coupon codes, multi-pack pricing, and buy one/get one promotional pricing)
- Supports multiple workstations and (with separately available Multi-location Inventory) multiple sites for your inventory
- Givex Gift Cards branded with your logo or design increase your marketing opportunities and keep dollars in your store while reducing gift certificate fraud and duplicate use. These can be used at multiple outlets.
About Cougar Mountain Software
Founded in 1982, Boise-based Cougar Mountain Software publishes accounting software, software for nonprofit organizations, and point of sale software and hardware. Cougar Mountain has provided the software answer for more than 20,000 national clients across a variety of industries. Cougar Mountain is ranked among the industry’s top PC software developers in the nation.