These are questions most often asked by CMS Professional users upgrading to Denali. Don’t see your question here? Let us know…
1. Do my modified CMS Pro reports convert? No, they will need to be recreated for Denali using Crystal Reports. You can purchase the Crystal Reports software, or pay to have our Crystal expert create them for you.
2. Can I do my Denali installation and conversion the same day? Yes, you can, however we do have to wait to convert data until after the installation is complete.
3. Can I still use my computer during the conversion? You can continue to use your computer, you can even continue to use Pro. If you are doing a test conversion, you will want to continue using Pro. During the final conversion you will have access to Pro in order to view existing data, but should not enter any new information/transactions.
4. How long is it going to take? We can’t really give a definitive answer to this. The length of the conversion depends on the amount of data and whether or not there are conversion errors. If the conversion encounters errors, they have to be fixed and the conversion restarted from the beginning. Our conversion specialists have seen conversions take from a couple of hours to several days.
5. Can I use the same system for Denali as CMS Pro? Yes, as long as it is a Windows 7 or newer, or Windows Server 2008 R2 system or greater. Depending on the specs of the PC, it might require some upgrades.
6. If I install Denali on the same machine that I am running Pro, will it have any effect on my Pro? No, Denali and Pro are two different applications that do not have any effect on each other. Denali uses a SQL database to hold the data and the machines communicate across the network. Pro is a shared folder application and it uses a mapped drive connection to pass data in and out of the shared folder. These two process do not interact with each other.