This is the June installment of our accounting software Monthly Webinar Series. This month we are addressing “XP Users-You CAN Survive the Future.”
Q&A from the Webinar…
- We are running CMS Fund Suite Professional ver 18.1.00 on windows 7 on a virtualized server. We plan to upgrade the server software to Windows Server software 2012 r2. Will we still be compatible? As long as Pro is being ran on Windows 7 32 bit still. The data can be hosted on a 64 bit system, it just cannot run.
- Will CMS Pro V7 work on Win7 32 bit? Yes.
- Will CMS Pro V14.1.00 work on Win7 32 bit? Yes.
- What are Cougar Mountain Software’s best hardware recommendations for Pro & Denali? For CMS Pro only a Generation 1, 2 & 3 processor will work. If you purchase a new computer, CMS Pro will probably not run because all new computers have a Generation 4 or higher processor. For Denali the minimum requirements are 2 GB of RAM, 32 bit system and Windows 7 (The processor Generation does not matter). However, for Denali we recommend a Generation 4 or higher, 4 GB of RAM, a 64 bit system running Windows 8.
- Will Payroll be supported if we choose to remain on CMS Pro? Yes, Payroll in PRO will continue to be supported at this time.