Pet Store Software That Saves You Time & Money
Your Pet Store has unique accounting requirements, and Cougar Mountain has decades of experience providing them. Save time and money by automating many of the routine tasks, freeing you to be more productive.
You need a professional accounting system that will:
- Tie the whole business together – from the many cash registers up front, to the supply clerks in back, to the manager sitting in the office
- Fully customizable product naming / cataloguing
- Track products by product type
- Automatically convert bulk quantity prices for individual sale using Buy / Sell Conversion formulas
- Import or update stock items and pricing from a spreadsheet, or another program
- Manage customer accounts via work orders, invoices, layaways – and send out customer statements via email.
- Generate purchase orders automatically, as determined by the quantity on-hand
- Include robust reporting abilities and dashboards to keep you informed of what is going on with your business
- Integrates with online website for real-time tracking of your online sales
Key Benefits / Features
Partial Feature List
- Advanced, multi-tiered security system that allows system rights to be established for users by application and function, reduces opportunity for employee theft and errors
- Integrated modules so that posting in one automatically updates all; saves you time and decreases errors
- Drill down and quick lookups. Find customer information, including buying history, instantly, increasing customer satisfaction and saving time
- Set-up Wizard walks you through company set-up, asks all the right questions, explains the process and helps you complete steps in the right order; saving time and reducing errors
- Enhanced Chart of Accounts set-up allows users to choose from five company types and more than 60 different types of businesses. Save valuable set-up time, because module preferences, a chart of accounts and hundreds of codes are loaded automatically
- Process customer payments and make payments to vendors via electronic funds transfer. Reduces paperwork; speeds up your accounts payable and accounts receivable
- One step backup can be sent to hard drive, floppy discs or other removable media. Safeguards irreplaceable data
- Unlimited history storage. Saves customer history for the timeframes you establish
- Assign specific tasks to specific printers; and designate default printers within modules. You choose who (one or many) gets reports
- True networking capability with the option to run single or multiple-batch processing. Saves time, reduces errors, allows inter-departmental and company cooperation and efficiencies
- Universal Bridge imports transactions from external files into General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Inventory and other modules. You don’t have to enter data more than once; simplifies the move up from another accounting package
- System-wide notepads to enter special instructions, notes on customers, products and sales staff
- Customizable, user defined reports that you can print to file, dot-matrix, laser or your fax/modem software, even to email. Create your own or choose from a list of customizable reports, including statements, invoices and receipts
One of Cougar Mountain’s biggest benefits is its reporting capabilities – get detailed up-to-the-second knowledge of how the business is running.. Hundreds of reports can be generated from the built in reports, and others can be customized yourself. Financial reports, sales reports, vendor or customer reports to name a few are quickly produced. Drill down into the data with a single click. Financial and Sales dashboards that visibly show you the health of your company.
The powerful reporting capabilities of Cougar Mountain Accounting allow you to obtain up-to-the-minute reporting to stay on top of sales and inventory with realtime sales reports by item, salesperson, register, cash receipts, and credit.
- Print your edit reports of orders when you’re ready by setting the date and time range you desire. For example, print out this morning’s invoices or a quotation from yesterday.
- Send customer statements via email with just a couple clicks.
- Determine commission payments with the Sales by Salesperson report.
- Invoices will show whether the transaction is a Hold, Quote or Work Order.
- Show non-inventory codes included in the sale with Salesperson Report and Profit Margin Reports.
- Up-to-the-minute tracking on cash/charge receipt, sales tax, salesperson and department reports.
- Maintain detailed sales history information, including gross profit per invoice.
- Print to multiple printers for multi-department organizations.
Sales (Point of Sale, or Order Entry)
- Improved Sales Transaction window is fully customizable, and has quick access options such as lookups and shortcut keys
- Sales entered by scanner or by keyboard
- Many different transaction types available; invoices, holds, quotes, gift certificates, layaway, work orders, special orders, and discounts
- Specialty Shop allows multi-pack sales, buy 1 get 1 promotions, coupon sales, and buy down sales
- Age verification option for certain products with automatic prompt
- Orders can be entered in batch mode to improve performance
- Detailed reports can be viewed for each Point of Sale Register / Clerk
- Strong system security helps prevent fraud
- Full line of POS hardware available.
- Print any message — upcoming sales, special greetings and promotions on statements.
- Create custom statement formats for preprinted forms or plain paper statements.
- Clear, easy-to-understand AR Customer Statement identifies the details of payments being applied to invoices, even those that have already been purged from the AR Statement.
- The Invoice to Payment and Payment to Invoice Reports compare various payments and invoices to aid customer service and troubleshooting efforts.
- Easily print out customer mailing labels.
- Define a special discount when receiving payments.
- Apply one payment to as many as 250 invoices.
- Use Hot Key lookups by customer name or number, or quickly view detailed customer file information, including credit limit, collection status, finance charges, YTD charges, and YTD payments.
- Enter a virtually unlimited number of customers and transactions.
- Track customers’ open credits.
- Place customers on hold for credit, and warnings will automatically appear in Order Entry.
- Assign credit limits to customers and warnings will automatically appear in Order Entry when limits are exceeded.
- Process finance charge calculations. Specific finance charges can be assigned to individual customers.
- Customer reports include: Customer List Report, Customer Labels, Master Report, Collection Report, Aged Analysis Report, Control Report, History Report, Customer Statements
- Manage millions of inventory stock items
- Multiple costing options are available to track the value of your inventory – LIFO, FIFO, Standard and Weighted Average
- Highly versatile inventory system allows serialized inventory items, lot numbers, alias stock items
- Multi-location inventory supported – to keep track of all your inventory in more than one store
- Inventory item import / export supported
- Global price changes
- Updating price changes via a spreadsheet
- Stock pricing schemes can be set up by cost or by price, markup or margin. Set item cost by price breaks, multi-pack, coupon/buy down, promotions, discounts, or price level. Even set up special pricing schemes for special customers
- Attach images to each stock item to speed checkout – the clerk can verify item against the stock item image while checking out the customer
- Download stock item quantities from handheld scanning devices.
- Use bill of materials processing to build kits and sell assemblies. Attach non-inventory items to stock items, so when the stock item sells, the non-inventory item appears, too. Great for delivery charges, setup fees etc.
- Link a non-inventory item or service to a stock item so when the item sells, the service also appears on the sale.
- Inventory Reports include the Inventory Stock List Report, Master Stock Report, Physical Inventory Count Worksheet, Price Book Catalog, Understock Report, Overstock Report, New Promotional Sales Report, On Order Report, Back Order Report, On Hand Report, Valuation Report, Control Report, Labels, History Report, and Movement Report
- Manages all your bills within a single module
- Write checks to your vendors
- Track and organize your vendors – know exactly how much is owed by the company, to whom and for what
- Automatically print out vendor labels
- Track your credit card activity used to pay vendors
- Set up Electronic Fund Transfers
- Includes many detailed reports; financial reports, history reports, and control reports – can even create new custom reports
- Automatically generate your tax forms, like 1099s
- Vendor reports include: Quick Vendor List, Vendor Master Report, Aging Report, Total Debt Report, Cash Requirements Report, Control Report, Overdue Report, Prepaid Report, Future Liability Report, History Report, Monthly Balance History Report, 1099-MISC, Magnetic Media 1099-MISC, GL Expense Distribution Report, Dated Invoice Payment Report
Additional Add-on Products and Enhancements
At Cougar Mountain, we’re accounting for your business needs. We provide powerful financial management at great value. Our accounting, point of sale and fund accounting packages help small to medium-sized businesses track, understand and manage cash flow — effectively and efficiently.
When your business needs dictate specific requirements, you may need one of the additional modules described here. Take a look — and find the product you need to complete your accounting system, and the services behind them that will keep your products running and your business growing.Each of our products is designed to be adaptable to your business environment and needs, easy to install and use, fully integrated with the rest of your software / modules, and secure, with audit trails and user access designated by module and function.
Bank Reconciliation – Bank Reconciliation is a powerful self-audit module that reconciles bank statements with actual checks and deposits. Bank Reconciliation collects all information from your integrated Cougar Mountain modules and helps you quickly reconcile your bank account information.
Purchase Order – Purchase Order helps you manage purchases from the initial purchase until final payment is made. It automates inventory ordering by generating a purchase order based on minimum quantity on hand. Cougar Mountain Purchase Order can integrate to Accounts Payable, Inventory, Job Cost and General Ledger. Purchase Order will automatically update inventory quantity and cost information, vendor balances and financial information. Integration is simple and at your control. Automatic ordering can be triggered from information in the Inventory module, and you can even select vendors based on best price or shortest lead time.
e-Commerce – Cougar Mountain Software has teamed up with Account Wizard Business Services to offer you Account Wizard®, an affordable, flexible way of managing transactions over the Internet. This e-commerce solution saves you time and ensures that inventory levels and pricing information are current and correct. Unlike many competing products, Account Wizard interfaces with and derives its information directly from your Cougar Mountain accounting system.
GL Report Generator – Create powerful financial reports with a professional look, customize your reports to meet your expectations. Create the financial reports you need and print them when you want to print them. Use the data from the Cougar Mountain General Ledger module to create your reports; then reformat them to look the way you want — change fonts and font color, try a different layout. The predefined report commands in Cougar Mountain General Ledger make financial reporting easy for you.
Support & Training
Annual Technical Support Contract
The annual technical support plan provides 2, 4, 8 or 20 hours of toll-free technical support by phone. Dedicated technical experts at our Boise, Idaho, headquarters answer your questions. Renew your technical support contract before the 30-day warranty on your Cougar Mountain product expires, or before your existing technical support contract expires, to qualify for reduced renewal rates and ensure uninterrupted service.
Cougar Mountain Software offers a variety of training options to fit your needs. These include classroom training at our headquarters, on-site training at your place of business, online training by telephone, and online e-learning. Classes are offered on a regular basis in Boise, Idaho. These classes provide instruction, training and tips to get the most from your software. Online telephone training allows hands-on participation and instruction via an Internet connection. Flexible hours and customized training are an advantage to this training method.
Software Assurance from Cougar Mountain
Cougar Mountain’s Software Assurance provides a range of services to ensure you always have the latest version of our software products. Not only will you be eligible to receive our regular Service Packs, you will also receive any new versions of Cougar Mountain software that are released during the term of your agreement. Take advantage of new functionality as it becomes available.
Cougar Mountain’s Customer Service Center
At Cougar Mountain we are committed to your success, and not only with our software. Your purchase of our products and of Software Assurance gives you complete access to our online Customer Service Center. There you’ll find FAQs about our products, e-learning about common accounting tasks as well as extensive premium content on running your Cougar Mountain installation. In addition, we will provide you articles and links to other websites that will be useful in managing your organization.