If you want your business to be successful, you need to deliver quality products and services, fast. Automating order entry benefits not only your sales department but also your entire business.
An ideal order entry software makes it possible to register customer orders, forward those orders to the relevant departments, and issue the corresponding invoices or receipts. Users should be able to also prepare quotes and convert them into sales orders after the customer accepts them all within a single system.
Order entry software must be seamlessly integrated with an inventory control module so you can instantly determine whether the requested product is available or not. Such a solution also makes it easier to obtain and track your customers’ contacts, purchase history, discounts, and other information that is beneficial to your bottom line.
Better Order Management
The best order entry systems on the market provide a complete set of tools that gives users complete control over their orders from order entry to delivery and payment, ensuring accurate and timely processing.
Outstanding order entry systems help maintain a real-time flow of information between departments increasing accountability at every stage of the process. For example, employees will no longer need to manually enter and process the same data during each stage of order fulfillment. The result, less errors.
Using an order entry software such as Denali, powered by Cougar Mountain Software, means much much more than simplifying the creation of orders and invoices. It centralizes and improves all order related activities, from order collection to inventory control, sales, delivery, acquisitions, receivables, and payables.
Your order entry system should drive business efficiencies and enhanced communication.
Here are just a few activities where using a robust order entry software like Denali will make the most difference:
- Preparing, adjusting, and processing quotes
- Creating orders, checking inventory, sending orders for processing, and monitoring their status
- Processing orders, creating and personalizing invoices and pick tickets, generating packing slips, preparing shipping details, adjusting inventory, and tracking deliveries even to multiple addresses
- Creating and keeping customer sales and discounts history, and an accurate contact and payment history
- Adjusting sales taxes according to destination
- Order entry that communicates with the rest of your business; inventory, accounts receivable, and accounts payable
The best order entry software allows businesses to streamline order processing, reduce delivery times, improve workflows, and most importantly, eliminate errors that could cost valuable time, money, and reputation.
Please leave a comment below and let us know how you’ve experienced order entry.