Is Job Cost Right For YOU?
Whether you are building a house, a horse trailer, or a furniture table
Job Cost gives you an exact cost break down for the entire project.
- Estimate jobs faster
- Reduce duplicate entry time and errors
- Integrated with your Inventory
- Detailed labor tracking with Payroll
- Phase templates and reporting
- Work-in-progress reporting and billing
- Advanced scheduling for smoother internal processes
- Transfer capabilities between jobs or phases of jobs
- Track change orders for estimates and in-progress jobs
Like what you see? Share it…
Why Use Job Cost?
- Job Cost allows you to know exactly how much a complicated fabrication project will cost you to produce.
- Job Cost will break any building or fabrication project into phases and cost activities so that very accurate quotes and estimates can be made.
- Material costs, subcontractor costs, general costs, miscellaneous costs and process costs.
- If the cost of a single item is increased, say for lumber, then its impact on the total cost of the job is immediately known.
- Job Cost can handle either make-to-order jobs (jobs for a specific customer), or make-to-stock jobs (jobs to replenish your own inventory).
Why are Phase templates so great?
- Because phases of a job can be set up in templates for reuse on a different job, saving you lots of time.
How easy is it to manage a project / job?
- Each job can be managed from a single Job Management window. You can quickly add or edit your job phases and costs from there:
How hard is it to see the projected costs or projected estimate?
- As phases are completed and actual costs are updated, you can immediately see any difference in the actual vs. estimated costs in the Job Management window.
Will Job Cost help me save money?
- Because each phase for a project is broken down by activity, your able to get a very accurate projected cost that gives you a competitive advantage over your competition.
How do I produce job estimates for a client?
- You can produce extremely accurate quotes and estimates for any sized project which will help you improve your profitability. Changes in your costs of goods, or even for the price of gasoline, can be quickly accounted for.
Will Job Cost grow with my business?
- Job Cost will seamlessly integrate with other Denali accounting modules so it is able to expand as large as you need;
- Inventory – If you are integrated with the Inventory module any increase or decrease in stock is automatically made and accounted for.
- Sales – If you are integrated with the Order Entry module invoices can be generated for the project, and payments can be accepted.
- Accounts Payable – If you are integrated with Accounts Payable you can write and print your checks to pay project bills.
- Purchase Order – If you are integrated with the Purchase Order module then you can generate purchase orders for the project with the click of a button.
- General Ledger – for setting default WIP and expense accounts, generating financial reports, setting budgets, and more.
Job Cost Reports
- Robust reporting capabilities are included for jobs, schedules, listings, requirements, price estimates, cost activity analysis, WIP, and more.
- Important documents can be attached to the project so they are readily available
What else is comes with Job Cost?
U.S. Based Technical Support – we have dedicated technical experts at our Boise, Idaho, headquarters to answer your questions and provide needed technical support.
Installation Services – we will get your accounting software up and running quickly.
Training – we offer a full range of training options from online training videos, screen-sharing training with one of our training experts, or on-site training within your organization.
Software Assurance – this service ensures you always have the latest version of the software.