September 16, 2008 BOISE, IDAHO – Cougar Mountain Software announces the release of CMS Professional 2009 for their Accounting, FUND and Point-of-Sale lineup. This latest update picks up where version 12 left off and includes a host of new features and specialized tools designed to give more in-depth control and management of their inventory and customers, as well as tighter security.
The overall scheme of CMS Professional 2009 primarily focuses on tasks associated with retail operations—inventory control, credit-card security, and specialized payroll functions—though there are a number of highlights (like the ability to attach documents to master records) that CPAs and nonprofit organizations will also find beneficial.
Some of the new version highlights include:
- Attach Documents to Master Records: This new feature allows users to attach documents and files to master records such as contracts, permits, or templates. It’s a great way to reduce the time and frustration wasted from trying to find important files that correspond with a transaction, customer statement, or order. Additionally it offers an office the ability to further their green efforts towards becoming paperless.
- Block Charges to Past Due Customers: This feature automatically blocks any charges for customers with account balances that are past due. There is also a label that appears on the sales entry screen identifying past-due customers.
- Include Lot Numbers for Inventory Tracking: You can now assign lot numbers to your inventory items and track the lots throughout your system. This can be useful if you want to group a variety of items from different sources together by certain criteria, such as arrival date or vendor.
- Print Packing Slip and Picking Tickets during Order Entry: CMS Professional 2009 now has the ability to print one or more packing slips and picking tickets before printing an invoice or posting.
- View log of credit-card activity: A high priority for businesses these days is to maintain credit-card compliance, and protect customers from credit-card and identity theft. Users can view a history of credit card authorization attempts, see when an employee has accessed a customer’s credit information, or review a complete credit-card number for reference purposes—like to verify a lost or stolen card.
- PDFBlaster Lite: To accommodate the requests and needs of our customers, Cougar Mountain now offers the ability to transform statements, invoices, and purchase orders into PDFs and distribute them via email using Data Fabrication’s PDFBlaster. A limited version is included with CMS Professional 2009 but customers can upgrade to the full version. (Note: PDF Blaster is no longer integrated into Denali)
- Post multiple registers at once: Managers and clerks who “close out” for the day will appreciate this new feature. Users can now balance the registers, select a register to post, and post the transactions from a single window. Tasks that took several steps to complete can now be finished for several registers at the same time, without the extra mouse clicks.
- Print Customer Statements by Aging Period: Monitoring a customer’s outstanding balances is important. This feature allows users to view only balances outstanding for a certain aging period or for all periods.
- Set up Employee Garnishments: Set up your system to automatically calculate your employee’s pay including any garnishments they may have. You can also set up the garnishment to end on a specific date or when the amount remaining reaches a zero balance.
- Show multiple pay rates on check stubs: This allows the first three non-zero pay rates to be printed on employees’ check stubs. This means pay rates can be broken down directly on the stub—as required by law in some states.
- View customer payoff amounts with one click: If a customer has multiple outstanding balances, the sum of their debt can be calculated in the accounts-receivable module.