Voiding a Payroll Check
In the Payroll Module>Select Enter Payroll>Prepare Payroll.
In the Payroll Assistant window, select Enter Adjustments.
Now define general information:
- Select the General Information tab in the PR Enter Adjustments window.
- Select an Employee Number from the Lookup.
- Enter a Description for this transaction.
- Enter the number of the Pay Period in which to process this payroll.
- Select the Transaction Type. Three options are available:
1. Check: Use this option to enter a paycheck transaction in addition to those transactions automatically produced in Prepare Payroll.
2. Non-check Addition: Use this option to enter payroll history, or to record a manual check.
3. Adjustment: Use this option to void a check or make an adjusting entry.
- Select the Check Date from thedrop-down calendar. This is the date that the Cash account in General Ledger is credited.
- Select the Period End Date from the drop-down calendar.
- Enter the Check Number for this transaction.
- Select which taxes you want the computer to calculate from the Calculate Taxes drop-down list. This allows you to enter employee taxes by hand, then generate employer taxes without disturbing the employee tax information you entered. You have the following options:
1. All: This option calculates all taxes associated with the current transaction, including employer taxes.
2. Employee: This option calculates taxes only for the selected employee and the current transaction, in which case you must enter the employer withholding manually.
3. Employer: This option calculates only employer taxes related to this transaction, in which case you must enter the employee withholding values manually.
4. None: No taxes are calculated.
- Select the Void Check in BR check box to void the check in the Bank Reconciliation module. This box only appears if you are integrated to Bank Reconciliation and entering an adjustment transaction.
- To enter a comment that will print on this employee’s check, select the Print Comment check box and type the comment in the box. If you typed a comment in the initial Enter Payroll Information window, you will see that comment here, and you can edit it for this particular employee.
For all Tips click here
Tips and Tricks
How to set up Landing Costs with wholesale cost
Create Recurring Entries in General Ledger
How do I create recurring entries in the General Ledger module?
User Rights: Restricting Overrides
A Cougar Mountain customer asks:
"I have a question that I hope you can help me with regarding one of my employees that processes our invoices through Order Entry. I am trying to see if I can restrict her rights to override a credit limit on a customer‘s account. I do not see where this can be done in a user’s rights—only a salesperson’s authority. Our salespeople are all outside salespeople that are assigned to accounts, but they never produce an invoice. We are producing the invoice that will be on a specific customer that has a salesperson assigned to that customer. Can you give me any help here?”